Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mounted standard mirrors in combination with clip-ons on the Sport 1000…

I thought of buying the GT brackets and mounting Rizoma Class mirrors, but i am not sure if the rear view is sufficient…

I like to hear your opinions before wasting money!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
I used to have a single Monster left mirror on my SC.
Visibility is ok, could be better, vibrations are within seeing limits.
A big plus is that the bike is smaller, heavy traffic is a bit better to handle.
Nowadays I drive with the original mirrors (bar-ends), bike is wider in traffic but I get used to it. Overall visibility is much better, less vibration and more seeing angle, you don't only see part of your arms...

Conclusion, bar-ends should be on the SC, otherwise it is almost a Monster.. :)

G

·
Has anyone mounted standard mirrors in combination with clip-ons on the Sport 1000…

I thought of buying the GT brackets and mounting Rizoma Class mirrors, but i am not sure if the rear view is sufficient…

I have used the Rizoma Class mirrors on several bikes. They are outstanding! Mirrors are large (92 mm) and the glass is convex with that cool European blue tint. The only issue is will they stick out far enough.

Highly recommend PJ's Parts as a source.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

I just did the opposite. I bought a pair of Sport brackets to go along with the bar end mirrors mounted on my GT.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so far… ajaxajax2000 has used mirrors that are much higher than the Rizomas

I am afraid the low mirrors would be better on a wider standard bar…

1 - 10 of 10 Posts