Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping I just wasn't paying attention or something but, anyways.......... While slowing to stop/turn with wife on back bike stalled when clutch pulled in shifting from 2nd to 1st and rpm dropped to 2000. Happened 3 times, same circumstances. Started right back up each time. Air temp was 93+ and engine coolant temp was showing 190+.

What is normal operating temp? When is it too hot?

Had about 1/4 tank gas, fuel light came on shortly after 3rd stall. Parked bike for several hours since we had reached our destination. Topped off tank. No issues in the next 100 miles.

Hoping it was just something I did, tho I can't really think of anything.

Ideas?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Friend of mine was having a similar issue on his 18 MTS in that it would often stall when downshifting. The dealer said that fuel was entering the charcoal canister. Evap and charcoal canisters were replaced under warranty and he was advised to not fill the tank fuller than 1" from the top.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Had this issue on my 2018. Evap canister and spark plugs were replaced, ECU was reset to factory, hasn't done it again in over 2k miles. Maybe it was the canister, maybe a combination of all those things.

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
Hoping I just wasn't paying attention or something but, anyways.......... While slowing to stop/turn with wife on back bike stalled when clutch pulled in shifting from 2nd to 1st and rpm dropped to 2000. Happened 3 times, same circumstances. Started right back up each time. Air temp was 93+ and engine coolant temp was showing 190+.

What is normal operating temp? When is it too hot?

Had about 1/4 tank gas, fuel light came on shortly after 3rd stall. Parked bike for several hours since we had reached our destination. Topped off tank. No issues in the next 100 miles.

Hoping it was just something I did, tho I can't really think of anything.

Ideas?
I'm not sure what the issue is but it's definitely not normal so have your dealer take a look. I don't generally ride when it's hot but it's happened many times over the last 4 years and I've had to deal stop and go with coolant over 200f a number of times, the bike never displayed any symptoms of being unhappy (the only thing unhappy was me... getting cooked).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Friend of mine was having a similar issue on his 18 MTS in that it would often stall when downshifting. The dealer said that fuel was entering the charcoal canister. Evap and charcoal canisters were replaced under warranty and he was advised to not fill the tank fuller than 1" from the top.
Thanks. I "may" have been filling higher than that so I guess I'll stop doing that (not that this is an admission of guilt mind you:D). I'll give dealer a call and see what they think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts