Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
96 sp. Got it in Feb, backfiring and stalling at idle, but good power and and smooth running over 35 mph. My mechanic realized i had been jetted incorrectly (you guys helped explain emulsion tubes to me a little bit.) He got the right stage one jet kits installed, and also new needle jets. It's still stalling at idle, and the exhaust apparently tests too rich w/ idle mixture screws set to lean.

Something wrong with my mikunis?

Also ignition blocks are confirmed working correctly (swapped them with bonafieds), and coil resistance is good. Still need to check ignition pick up gap. Timing problem could make it rich?:think:

·
Registered
100 Posts
i'd look at float adjustment, needle and seats and pilot jets.

adjust floats to 15mm and clean all mentioned above.

your mechanic didn't check this stuff during jet kit installation?

or was jet kit installed to "correct" this stalling problem?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jetting...

thanks - yes jetting was installed to correct a problem. Only 1/2 a jet kit was installed by previous owner. re jetting cured the backfiring but not the stalling at idle.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stalling at idle

it's not so much that it idles poorly, it's that it's rich and it can't hold idle without stalling. This isn't a problem when the revs are up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts