Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hypermotard SP 2014

hey guys, today I decided to disable my REAR Brake ABS (level 1).. I felt that the abs for the rear tire was too touchy.

Anyway, I wanted to see how hard I could brake with the rear tire before it locked up. I maintained a crusing speed of 40-50kph, pulled in the clutch, and then braked aggressively.

Trouble is, as soon as I felt the rear tire lock up, the bike stalled (clutch was pulled in this entire time). I immediately released the brake to stop the skid, but the tire remained locked until the bike came to a dead stop. thank god I wasn't going faster or things could have been nasty.

I thought that it was probably a fluke so I gave it a few more tries.. nearly every time the bike would stall and a tire lockup happened once in a while too.

So at the end of the day I said ***k it and turned ABS back on.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? it has never done that under and hard braking when the ABS was on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Doesn't surprise me. My 2015 Hyper stalls randomly all the time when I pull and hold in the clutch at most speeds along with hard braking... so I'm forced to downshift or always start my bike again mid brake-- Hopefully for you its not a sign of something else because my hyper starting violently shaking for no apparent reason- stalled- check engine light came on- went into limp mode and then died 3 more times, all within 1 mile of my home, then it wouldn't start, then it would, but it wouldn't let me give it gas, and then it did but sounded extremely wrong...... Sooo almost certainly a serious engine issue (are there ever engine issues that aren't serious?)

Now its in the shop. Hopefully it a simple fix otherwise on day 30 I'm claiming lemon law since it's my only transportation method to my work.

By the way odo is 1400 miles.

Do I trust again? Am i capable of loving again? IDK...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shit man sorry to hear about your bike problems!! my hyper was in the shop for 2 months last summer... didn't get to enjoy it at all - I feel your pain.

do you drive with rear ABS off usually? because the only time I've had it happen is when the ABS was turned off on the rear tire.

when I leave ABS on, even under hard braking, I never stall.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I disabled it in sport mode which is what I leave it in 99% of the time.... So that could be it!
I'll definitely check on that when I get it back!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts