Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went for a 100 mile ride today. Was about 105 degrees on the way back. Pulling up to two stop signs before the house, the bike stalled at each one. It started right back up but rev'd rough like running out of gas. Limped home. Bike now seems to start fine and rev fine but I'm concerned this is a fuel pump issue. What do you think? I know my S4R stalled sometimes when it got hot. I don't want to get stranded out on the road. Thanks.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Mine stalled once...

So I went for a 100 mile ride today. Was about 105 degrees on the way back. Pulling up to two stop signs before the house, the bike stalled at each one. It started right back up but rev'd rough like running out of gas. Limped home. Bike now seems to start fine and rev fine but I'm concerned this is a fuel pump issue. What do you think? I know my S4R stalled sometimes when it got hot. I don't want to get stranded out on the road. Thanks.
It had 9 miles on it. No issues since. I did ride it last weekend though, and it backfired once (sitting at stoplight) in the airbox I think... freaky.

·
Registered
736 Posts
That ain't right. Have you done the first service yet? Bring it back to the dealer and make him fix it. It could be a loose wire to the fuel pump.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Yep, 1600 miles in and riding in the high 90s have had no issues with stalling. Take it to your dealer.

Chris

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yep, 1600 miles in and riding in the high 90s have had no issues with stalling. Take it to your dealer.

Chris
Just came from a local racing tuner in my area. He said that my stalling was emissions related. Apparently it's caused by fuel vapor build up in the intake from the charcoal canister. He said especially just after getting off a long ride on the fwy and in high heat situations (which is exactly what I had done.). The vapor is what caused the stumbling. And it's why now the bike is running fine. So moral to the story is my charcoal caniter comes off tonight.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just came from a local racing tuner in my area. He said that my stalling was emissions related. Apparently it's caused by fuel vapor build up in the intake from the charcoal canister. He said especially just after getting off a long ride on the fwy and in high heat situations (which is exactly what I had done.). The vapor is what caused the stumbling. And it's why now the bike is running fine. So moral to the story is my charcoal caniter comes off tonight.
Took mine off a couple days ago and it runs fine. I just plugged the small line that goes to the throttle bodies and tucked it behind some other lines, and tucked the vent from the gas tank behind some other lines too. That way if it ever has to go back on, it will be real easy. Good luck.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took mine off a couple days ago and it runs fine. I just plugged the small line that goes to the throttle bodies and tucked it behind some other lines, and tucked the vent from the gas tank behind some other lines too. That way if it ever has to go back on, it will be real easy. Good luck.
Stripped it tonight! No problems, thanks.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I take it this cannister is only applicable to the US . I dont think we have that fitted over here !

·
Registered
47 Posts
I take it this cannister is only applicable to the US . I dont think we have that fitted over here !
I think it is for Euro emissions mainly... Check for black can on the left side, right behind the radiator, between lower and upper coolant pipes. If you don't have it, post the picture - I would be interested how would this empty space be filled. Removing my canister left kind of gap there...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Threw mine in the trash a long time ago. It looks much better without that ugly canister. I am surpised more people havent ditched this piece of !!ap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts