Discussion Starter #1
So for my new to me 95 900 SP , what slip-ons to get :

Staintune

OR

D&D high mount

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,715 Posts
Sil Moto high pipes and they have removable baffles as well.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The D&Ds are super loud if that is what you are going for. I have a set and went back to stock because they were setting off car alarms. I am going to get the Staintunes because at least they have an option for the silencer insert. Hopefully they fall somewhere in between the stockers and the D&Ds.
My D&Ds will be up for sale in the classifieds in a few weeks. They are low mounts though...

·
Registered
59 Posts
+1 re the "loudness" of the D&Ds, they are indeed loud, then again that is subjective, to some, like me, it was sweet, loud "music" to my ears.
I did get many compliments on their sound and people found it hard to believe a stock 750 could sound that strong.
I have Staintunes on my 907IE and they are nowhere as loud, much more "civilized" sounding.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The D&D's are dragster loud, and don't sound "good" IMO. I like the classy mellow sound of the Staintunes, or Contis like I have on my SS.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Cored stock with Silmoto header.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
what pipes??

Are the D&D Owners here eferring to the Carbon D&Ds??
I have the Stainless D&D Hi mount pipes and they are not obnoxious at all!!
Mike S

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
D/D's

I had them on my 750 Monster but on the 900SS Temi's, Two Bro's makes a nice sounding pipe.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I have had Staintunes for around 5 years, and love them. Very high build quality, easy to maintain, and no re-packing required. Mellow with the baffles in, not quite as much with them out. If you like the carbin look you're out of luck though......and they've gotten pricey. A set will likely set you back over $1000 for new ones.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Staintune might be the nicest aftermarket pipe you can buy; extremely high quality and durability. The tone and volume from my full spaghetti system is perfectly manageable on the street.

·
Registered
163 Posts
+1 on the Staintunes
Best aftermarket pipes Ive ever owned, better if you can get your wife to polish them.

PSsssp
That is IMHO the most beautiful SP, its stunning. I stared so long I felt guilty about it. Just thought you should know. :)

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
PSsssp.....That is IMHO the most beautiful SP, its stunning. I stared so long I felt guilty about it. Just thought you should know. :)
+1, the 900SS set-up that is right-on in most peoples mind, including mine. And if that's not enough for you, PS lives where there are some of the best riding roads to be found anywhere. Who said life is fair?

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
very inspirational bike photo:D ... Thanks

09 Ducati GT 1000 Ohlins F&R Termis & Rizoma bling
95 Ducati SS 900 CR my new project…
81 Yamaha SR 500 total cafe project bike

I cut my teeth on a home built 750 Honda Cafe Racer with an 820 kit back in the seventies....When I saw my first Ducati one day, I fell in love….it was a 900 SS bevel… thirty years later, I have two Ducatis

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, my FE came with the D&Ds and I happen to really dig their bestial growl! That said, I am thinking about a core job to the stock cans to return the bike to its original look.

I've had Stainetunes before and they are the very best, but $$$. If money were no object, go Stainetune.

If you want to snap heads, the D&Ds are the ticket -- but not in an obnoxious way. They do bark, though! ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts