Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a handle on a kit for GT's? While the brakes are OK, I'd like to upgrade lines when I do the pads this winter. Also, any other brake mods that you feel help braking performance. Thanks!

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
I think that the lines are already braided stainless steel. They are covered by a plastic coating.

From Ducati.com:

"Braking performance is further enhanced by classic black, steel-braided brake lines."

4-piston calipers would make a noticeable improvement to braking. Or, a new master and larger diameter lines. Or, both.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I wonder how would they look with the plastic coating removed....hmmmmm. If they are SS I might just do that!;)

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
They are covered in black plastic to retain a more "retro" look.

If you can safely remove the covers, keep in mind that the raw stainless covers are quite abrasive, so you may want to keep the covers in the places where the hose might rub on anything.

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Probably easier to switch to the clear plastic instead.

·
Registered
724 Posts
They are covered in black plastic to retain a more "retro" look.

If you can safely remove the covers, keep in mind that the raw stainless covers are quite abrasive, so you may want to keep the covers in the places where the hose might rub on anything.
Good call.... yeah, clear plastic might be better.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
My new Brembo 4 piston upgrades are suppose to arrive today, so once in place and I can see what bends I need, new Spiegler lines with clear plastic and black ends will be ordered for brakes and clutch. That will finish off the upgrades to brakes, brake lines, reservoirs and clutch slave. Next item will be the nemesis.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Anybody have a handle on a kit for GT's?... Also, any other brake mods that you feel help braking performance. Thanks!
Your brake lines are stainless steel.

As for other upgrades, switch out your forks or fork bottoms for radial mount calipers, then add 4-piston/4-pad calipers and radial pump master cylinders. While you have the forks off the bike, upgrade the internals to suit your weight and riding style. These changes will transform your bike.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My new Brembo 4 piston upgrades are suppose to arrive today, so once in place and I can see what bends I need, new Spiegler lines with clear plastic and black ends will be ordered for brakes and clutch. That will finish off the upgrades to brakes, brake lines, reservoirs and clutch slave. Next item will be the nemesis.
Thanks!
Your brake lines are stainless steel.

As for other upgrades, switch out your forks or fork bottoms for radial mount calipers, then add 4-piston/4-pad calipers and radial pump master cylinders. While you have the forks off the bike, upgrade the internals to suit your weight and riding style. These changes will transform your bike.

Thanks, too! Great looking PS.
Yeah, they are coated ss lines. Haven't had the cover off the bike in a while since it is -10 degrees here tonight.
Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
...Haven't had the cover off the bike in a while since it is -10 degrees here tonight.
It's been really cold around here too. When I leave the house @ 4:00AM the temps have been as low as 9 degrees and as high as the mid-teens, but I'm still riding a 90 mile round trip most days. Warm n Safe heated jacket liner and gloves, DP heated grips, and a Rev'It Cayanne Pro two-piece riding suit and I'm quite comfortable.:D The gear really helps extend the riding season.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wee bit too cold for me to even want to go in the garage and look at the bike, let alone ride it. Great stuff on the brake upgrades.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts