Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried to search "stack 796" in the forum, but came back with hundreds of threads not related to both key word. So, I start a new one here. Apology if repeated topics.

My question is, will installing stack + pod filters on a 796 give similar gain as on a 1100? I remember I read somewhere (maybe not this forum) saying no use on a 796.

Any comments?

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
How about power increase ? Maybe 2-3 hp ?
Yes, over the stock airbox, but over a "opened up" stock airbox maybe nothing but noise.
So the stacks may not be worth the expence. (Stacks+PCV+dyno tune)
Aloha Alex

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hillomunkki, search the form for "airbox mod".

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, over the stock airbox, but over a "opened up" stock airbox maybe nothing but noise.
So the stacks may not be worth the expence. (Stacks+PCV+dyno tune)
Aloha Alex
Ha, I read your post about that one. "the truth about airintake mod"? Quite interesting.

And stacks ARE expensive.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I emailed ducshop, they replied with the ducshop hyperstack does not fit 796. Options?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
C'mon Alex !!! Us 796 guys get enough of that crap . I'm thinking I'll start a "hym 1100 upgrade fund" and everytime someone feels the need to say " shoulda bought an 1100" they can donate to the fund . I'll start with myself , I'll sell the 796 for $9500 and then take $5000 from the fund and go get a 1100 evo sp and then all the 1100 clowns can stop bullying..........the insurance and price budget wouldn't allow the 1100

·
Registered
307 Posts
C'mon Alex !!! Us 796 guys get enough of that crap . I'm thinking I'll start a "hym 1100 upgrade fund" and everytime someone feels the need to say " shoulda bought an 1100" they can donate to the fund . I'll start with myself , I'll sell the 796 for $9500 and then take $5000 from the fund and go get a 1100 evo sp and then all the 1100 clowns can stop bullying
I've always thought we need our own 796 only forum. That way folks don't start up with all the wrong and useless advice about their 1100's. I can 't count how many times a guy asked about a 796 mod....and 5 posts later there is some guy telling us how good his mod worlked on his 1100. Doesn't help at all.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
That wasn't directed at you Alex !! Just having some fun with it . You've helped me out tremendously a couple of times with my "796" . But Seven9six is right , a 796 thread will get high jacked in a second and most of the time it's things like " well on a 1100 all you need is a ....." .. It really doesn't help

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
you BOTH need the 1100.........start saving.
then you can stay on this FUN 1100 forum! :D
Aloha Alex

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I emailed ducshop, they replied with the ducshop hyperstack does not fit 796. Options?
Correction, I emailed them and doubled the question. Now they said it will fit. They thought I was talking about monster 796.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts