Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find the tool or socket rquired to remove the rear wheel on an ST4s? I'm referring to the chain side. I've emailed a couple of Ducati dealers without success.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Plank said:
Where can I find the tool or socket rquired to remove the rear wheel on an ST4s? I'm referring to the chain side. I've emailed a couple of Ducati dealers without success.
It's just a regular 17mm Allen socket. My 9 piece Allen socket set has a 17mm as the largest size. It's made by SK tools but it's available from every major tool maker individually or in sets.

·
Registered
602 Posts
What you need is a 17mm hex socket to fit into the axle. I got mine here

http://www.mytoolstore.com/sk/sk03090.html

Excellent quality 1/2" drive SK sockets as a decent price! Good luck.

Edit... OOPS, Mike beat me to the submit message button by 2 minutes...ditto what Mike said!

Thomas

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you are having a difficult time locating a 17mm Allan head or your are in a bind, find a 17 mm bolt. Add two nuts and turn the nuts against each other to make a lock nut. Now put the bolt head in the axle head and simply use a socket to turn the lock nut.

-Fariborz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you

Plank said:
Thanks to all that replied.

·
7,733 Posts
Yet another simple cheap and easy to find alternative are coupling nuts. They are hexagonal and depending on size, 40+mms long, Just slip it in the fastener and turn with a socket. Plus they are threaded inside which might help get it pulled out if it gets stuck. I've used them on my old FJ's fork caps, FJR's axles, and on my ST3 to get the oil screen out. Just bring a veinier on your trip to the local hardware store to measure the width between the opposite flats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts