Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Thanks for having me here. My name is Aram. I've been riding for over 20 years. Until last October, I was an everyday commuter, splitting lanes down various highways in the SF Bay area. I managed some fun rides too, but spent way to much of my two-wheeled time commuting.

I crashed my beloved '99 VFR800 a few summers ago (112k miles and would have reached 200). After that I opted for ABS (!) and so, with the insurance money, snagged a used BMW R1150RT. It is a comfortable and competent bike. Read: boring. (Great long distance hauler though).

Quit my job, moved to Oregon, and now have the luxury of riding for want-to instead of have-to. I picked up a cherry ST4S today. The seller was not only meticulous with upkeep, but threw in a heaping pile of parts, luggage, manuals, you name it. I took a short and mildly twisty first ride this evening. I had forgotten what "sporty" meant! The thrill is back.

So here I am. I have always worked on my own bikes (mostly) and I'm sure I'll be asking lots of dumb questions. I'm looking forward to participating here, and maybe even helping out with useful posts somewhere down the road.

Safe riding,
Aram

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for having me here. My name is Aram. I've been riding for over 20 years. Until last October, I was an everyday commuter, splitting lanes down various highways in the SF Bay area. I managed some fun rides too, but spent way to much of my two-wheeled time commuting.

I crashed my beloved '99 VFR800 a few summers ago (112k miles and would have reached 200). After that I opted for ABS (!) and so, with the insurance money, snagged a used BMW R1150RT. It is a comfortable and competent bike. Read: boring. (Great long distance hauler though).

Quit my job, moved to Oregon, and now have the luxury of riding for want-to instead of have-to. I picked up a cherry ST4S today. The seller was not only meticulous with upkeep, but threw in a heaping pile of parts, luggage, manuals, you name it. I took a short and mildly twisty first ride this evening. I had forgotten what "sporty" meant! The thrill is back.

So here I am. I have always worked on my own bikes (mostly) and I'm sure I'll be asking lots of dumb questions. I'm looking forward to participating here, and maybe even helping out with useful posts somewhere down the road.

Safe riding,
Aram
Welcome aboard and there is no such thing as a dumb question unless, you ask about oil or tyres.

Craig

Ps. The mods will ask you to complete your signature and bike details etc, do it as soon as you can, it makes it easier for others to help you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ps. The mods will ask you to complete your signature and bike details etc, do it as soon as you can, it makes it easier for others to help you.
Thanks. Will do.

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
Show us some photos of your new beauty?

Craig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts