Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

ST4S: New owner with various frustrations

6K views 35 replies 14 participants last post by  tonered 
I have a vibration that manifests itself at around 4000rpm and goes away once I get to 5000rpm. Never noticed the mirrors and dash vibrating that bad and figure I just need a throttle body balance as the bike goes real well otherwise.

Yes the discs should be 5mm like Gearbox states.. Once I converted to full floating buttons the disc let go and I could measure the run out easily whereas before it was hard to measure. The pulse has almost vanished though.

Something else I have just noticed is the tach on mine is not reading below 1000rpm. It just jumps from 0 to 1000 intermittently until the bike is warm then seems to settle down. Other than that its fine.

How many k's on the bike? The tech reckons the balance on the TB's is not needed every 10k service so I missed the last one and I am only 2000km's past that and feel its needed so would definately look at getting that done if I was you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.