Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, thanks a lot for the responses, I will go for the one at Desmotimes, it is inexpensive and simple.......

·
I hear airplanes
2,600 Posts
I bought the one from DT.

Maybe I missed something, or am retarded, but it didn't "fit" without being modded a bit.

The holes for the rear mounting are spaced correctly, but if you place the bracket that far back, the center portion of it hits a portion of the undertail mud-guard.

The holes are too far apart for the second set of mounting holes.

I re-drilled the mounting holes (4) so that the bracket would fit all 4 stock mounting holes, and the singe center mounting hole as well.

It works, looks good, and was somewhat cheap ($25?...put it's plastic, so it's no huge bargin). But I did have to mod mine to make it work as I thought it should.

Get the short stalks while you are there. $5 for the pair, that is a deal.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts

Maybe I missed something, or am retarded, but it didn't "fit" without being modded a bit.

The holes for the rear mounting are spaced correctly, but if you place the bracket that far back, the center portion of it hits a portion of the undertail mud-guard.

I re-drilled the mounting holes (4) so that the bracket would fit all 4 stock mounting holes, and the singe center mounting hole as well.
Hmmm, mine mounted straight up. Completely plug and play. Hmmm.... Don't know what's going on. Got mine a couple of years ago. :think:

·
Mr Leakered
8,782 Posts
You can use just the two holes provided to mount it up. It is hard to say if two are good enough to risk loosing the plate. I did what TAftonomos did and drilled a couple extra holes for my own peace of mind.

The DT part works quite slick as I only have it mounted in the summer and throw the Duc fender on for wet weather to keep as much crud as possible off my top case.

Have good one.

·
Registered
100 Posts

It works, looks good, and was somewhat cheap ($25?...put it's plastic, so it's no huge bargin). But I did have to mod mine to make it work as I thought it should.

Get the short stalks while you are there. $5 for the pair, that is a deal.
I had the same problem with mine - but took 5mins to fix and works a treat

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I had to mod mine too - didn't take long though, just had to reshape the frontmost part of the mounting bracket with a disc cutter.
These eliminators (DesmoTimes) are also for the earlier carby 900ss bikes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts