Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this question a couple of weeks ago and got a lot of looks but no responses. Now I know there are a lot you guys out there that are heavy performance builders and such so some one has to know the answer to this. Does anyone know what the differences are between the '02/'03 (P/N 158.2.009.1A) & '04/'05 (P/N 158.2.020.1A) rods? can they be interchanged without changing the crank? in addition to this, are the '02/'03 & '04/'05 cranks interchangeble? I lost the bottom end on my '05 and have in hand a new set of rods for an '03 and a long block from a low mileage '03 and wondering the if these parts will get me back on the road. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
I posted this question a couple of weeks ago and got a lot of looks but no responses. Now I know there are a lot you guys out there that are heavy performance builders and such so some one has to know the answer to this. Does anyone know what the differences are between the '02/'03 (P/N 158.2.009.1A) & '04/'05 (P/N 158.2.020.1A) rods? can they be interchanged without changing the crank? in addition to this, are the '02/'03 & '04/'05 cranks interchangeble? I lost the bottom end on my '05 and have in hand a new set of rods for an '03 and a long block from a low mileage '03 and wondering the if these parts will get me back on the road. Thanks
Hi there,

Try contacting Brad Black at www.bikeboy.org

He might be able to help you, good luck.

Craig

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I'll do that.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
the st4s rod number updated to the 749 rod number from memory - all the small end located rods are much the same really. i've got a feeling there's a minor detail change with the crank that i can't remember now. i don't think it'd be important anyway - it all should fit up fine. just have a really good look at them all when you're doing it.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Brad, I really appreciate the info. I went to your website and emailed you concerning this issue. Nice site, I was reading some of your reports, well presented and easy to read / understand. I'll post on the results when i'm finished rebuilding. I can't wait to get back on the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts