Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

ST4S Clutch stack and Mod questions

2140 14
Over the 16.5 years of ownership I must have tried the quiet clutch mod 4 times with no success. Clutch does not operate. It does not help that;

• Each poster has a different method
• The final process is to remove the last two plates (drive or friction??)
• Ducati Workshop shows 10 drive plates, parts diagram show 6 and I have 9
• Ducati workshop revers to A- drive plates and B - drive plates !

What I did was two old plates in remove last two drive plates…not even close !!
I think I am going to go ahead and have a noisy clutch, but I thought there could be some ware savings

I am not having a good day ! I just managed to sign back in after being frozen out of this account for 2/3 months. I finally got back in by ignoring the reset and going straight to edit profile.
I am losing my patients in general with the Internet so may just bail…rant over
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
7,927 Posts
I believe there are two thicknesses of drive plates I believe, for stack height adjustment purposes. That probably the A and B . Some clutch kits include a wavy plate, neither A or B , for quieter operation. When doing the quiet clutch mod you must adapt the instructions for you own specific stack height, otherwise you won’t have the correct clearance at the clutch rod. If I remember correctly only one extra plate is involved. I don’t remember ever seeing any instructions specifying two extra plates. Pick one set of instructions and go with it, don’t try to invent some hybrid method for doing the quiet clutch mod. You’re obviously confusing yourself. You sound like someone who is not comfortable doing this type of mechanical work.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.