Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello to all my fellow ST4S Duc Nutz,
I did such a bone head thing today that I embarassed to relate it...but here goes..
I wnet riding today on the ST...so far so good...
But I was distracted due to the upcoming Graduation ceremony of my Daughter and my Nephew...
So i didnt do my usual walkaround,tire pressure check...etc...
I noticved the bike getting sqwuirreellly as hell on the tar patches and in certaiinm attitudes in corners...
When I got home the rear axle had backed out 3 inches or so from the rear rim...
I am blessed...and stoopid!!!
I need a new axle adjuster bolt ASAP due to a ride this weekend to the Gilmore Museum here in Michigan...
Is there some love out there for a poor dumba$$???...er Duc Enthusiast??
I also need replacement plates for the rear axle...I lost the neat plate from Desmo Times...I do have the original set...but the Billetet is so cool...
Please contact me with a contact number and I will pay for express shipping...I amin SE Michigan
Thank you all
MIke Sotomayor!!!

J

·
0 Posts
Any M/C shop or Napa has those bolts.Put your OEM back on or order a new set w/ 2-day delivery.Who cares what it looks like long as you can make your ride.

·
7,733 Posts
IIRC, that bolt is "staked" so you may need to pull out the adjuster and cut the easy to replace bolt, out. I mark my critical fasteners with a dab of paint at the top and do a quick visual before each ride, especially those bolts and the axle nuts. Good luck. :)

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
On mine, they are not staked, but a tiny allen bolt is threaded into the far end.

I've seen it recommended to use a ziptie through the axle slot in the swinger and around the end plates.

I wouldn't say that it was from being distracted. Axles should not back out. The adjuster plates / bolts are a different story.

BTW, LT is back. His shipping is lightening quick. He could get you the axle plates in no time.

Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ST4S assistance

Thank you to all for the helpful replies..I surely do appreciate it.
Unfortunately LT issss out of the plates...But there was another vendor that had them...and they were available indifferent colors to boot...but I cant find them again now that I need them...ANYONE???
I recieved the Titanium Axle Nut from TPO today...THANKS GUYS!!!
So I reused the original plate...and I have since straightened out the screw...so I am good to go...at least for the weekend..
I applied a little blue locktite so That will cure that!!
Time to call MOTO!!!
MIke S

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
International shipping sucks no matter whose sending it. Or, at least that has been my experience.

Have a good one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts