Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been drooling over a 2002 ST4s with 23K on it. Asking price is 5299 and I probably get it out the door for 5000. The bike is flawless with 50% tread on the tires and good chain sprocket and brakes. But the dealership (NON Duc) can't produce the maintenance records and I have no way of know if the 20k service was ever done. I would hate to spend 5 large and have to spend another 1500 to service the bike. Looking for opinions

thanks

Dan

·
Registered
84 Posts
If the belts have not been changed in two years, you are going to want them changed anyway. Shame that the value of these bikes is so low and the servicing costs so high that one service interval can determine whether or not to purchase it.

My 2 cents: spend the dough and get the bike. It sounds sweet, and the extra ducats you spend for the service will help you sleep better.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
If the bike is in good shape then $5000 sounds like a good deal. The 24K service is a biggie, probably about $1000 at the dealer, if you can find a good independent mechanic you can probably get it done for $750 or so- maybe you can do some of the svc at home and save lots. Either way the bike sounds like a good deal, buy it, service it and ride it- spring is coming.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
offer

I email and offer to the dealer and deducted 1/2 the service cost plus he was offering $250 discount already. So I figure $4499 is a place to start and if I can get him to meet me in the middle I'll buy it!!! Wish me luck

·
Registered
126 Posts
with regular service intervals being every 6k you're coming up on the 24k service anyway.... get it done and you'll be all set for the riding season... 1500 is a very high estimate for a 12k service if you don't need tires and chain/sprockets

1 - 8 of 8 Posts