Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know someone has done this, but.

ST4 came with U lock under the seat. It says Ducati by Viro. I has one of those key and locks that you can open with a Bic pen. Kryptonite replaced the one I had for my bicyle. How do I get a replacement for my Duc?

·
Registered
15 Posts
JasperST4 said:
Go to a Ducati rally with a Bic pen?
Don't forget the big trailer to put all the Ducs. Preferrably unmarked white trailer with obscured (with oil and dirt, etc.) license plate.

·
Registered
288 Posts
flynfink said:
OK, I know someone has done this, but.

ST4 came with U lock under the seat. It says Ducati by Viro. I has one of those key and locks that you can open with a Bic pen. Kryptonite replaced the one I had for my bicyle. How do I get a replacement for my Duc?
I bought my 2003 ST4s in May of 2005. It has the same lock. I emailed Kryptonite about replacing my lock.

They replied that the free replacement was for a limited time only.

So, basically you are SOL if you want a free replacement from Kryptonite.

I didn't pursue anything with Ducati. Maybe we can get them replaced under warranty?

-Bob

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hechon said:
Don't forget the big trailer to put all the Ducs. Preferrably unmarked white trailer with obscured (with oil and dirt, etc.) license plate.
:eek:

I guess my english no good.. LOL

I meant, well, ya know what I meant.

·
Registered
14 Posts
U lock replacement

The lock that comes with the STx is made by Kryptonite. In September, 2004, Kryptonite offered free replacement for all locks with the round keys. I had my U lock and several disk locks replaced. It was all free of charges including the postage. The link for this is www.kryptonitelock.com

Jackduck
2000ST4
'75 860GT see it at the Cruz Car Wash on sunday 06/04/06
'67 T100C Triumph restored (will trade for a Norton)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts