Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a look through the files, but my answer is not apparent.
In the ST4 manual there is no side stand switch in the electrical schematic. The st4s diagram does not apply as it uses a 59m ecu, so configuration/wiring will be different to the st4 with a 16m.
On an ST4 I would like the cutout to only work when the sidestand is down and it is any gear but neutral.

Specifically, what has to done to achieve this?
Regards, Greg

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
1999 st4 still had the flick up stand. 2000 - 2003 would have had a straight stand down cut out - no logic circuit. you need to use the neutral switch to feed an earth signal into the stand switch output to make it run with the stand down in neutral. use a diode to stop it back feeding into the neutral.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
1999 st4 still had the flick up stand. 2000 - 2003 would have had a straight stand down cut out - no logic circuit. you need to use the neutral switch to feed an earth signal into the stand switch output to make it run with the stand down in neutral. use a diode to stop it back feeding into the neutral.
Good call FYI on the ST4S diode must be the wrong way round as this circuit is negative

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
if the 4 has a relay on the stand switch circuit, you could earth that through the neutral switch maybe? have to see how it all works, i forget ow they did those 1.6m ones.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies! Been busy busy getting our house listed for sale. 1 step closer to being a Grey Nomad c/w st4 in the van towing the caravan and map of Motorcycle Roads of Australia...

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have a 01 ST4, it uses switch on the stand which provides a earth to a relay to the left of the headlight under the dash infill. Mine has been modded with a diode using the earth from the neutral switch. This means it will run on the sidestand in neutral but cuts out in gear. It's a pretty simple mod, just make sure diode is the right way around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts