Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I need some help please! I'm trinf to get the post thats right in front of the shock I got the top bolt for the top hiem joint out I then triend to back that hiem jount out but it only goes so far I thought if I got the top joint out I could get the post out leaving the bottom hiem jount then I could put the lower post I ordered so I can lower my baby down a little any advice? Dave

Edit from Dave: I think it is called the seat adjustment linkage. This ducati stuff is all new to me, i bought a shorter one from Eastern Cycle Ducati and am having trouble getting that top hiem joint off.

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
are you referring to the ride height adjuster?:confused:

·
Registered
439 Posts
yes he is!

·
Registered
361 Posts
You might rewrite the question again, having problems understanding. If you need more room with regard to the linkage, put a 1" board under the centerstand to allow the wheel to drop more.

·
Administrator
12,553 Posts
Dave requested I make an edit to his post.

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
put it up on the center-stand and remove the main bolt holding the ride height adjuster and shock. Remove from the bike and try that?:think:

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you are trying to take the actual heim joints out of the ride adjustment rod (connected to the rear shock arm opposite the shock), remember that one has left hand threads and needs to be turned clockwise to be taken out.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I think he's saying it's frozen. Join the club. Fortunately mine is set up about right but even with my neighbor's metal shop we couldn't budge it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just did this job myself, took the entire linkage off the bike. The top joint came free pretty easily, the bottom... well I had a propane torch handy to heat up the aluminium around the joint then just worked the joint out with a rod the same diameter as the eye threaded through the eye for leverege. Took some elbow grease but it broke free.

Hopefuly you ducatistis wont yell at me for using a blow torch and "elbow" grease on my st, I came from a honda that liked my abuse and backyard engineering. Im still getting used to a "civilized", or "gentlemen" bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts