Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
g'day ta all I have been on the hunt for an st4-s for a fair while now
and here in the land downunder we pay a higher premiun to be able to play
with these kind of toys! (12K- about 19K for an 05) yeh we get screwed.
Anyway like I said I'm getting close to finding a good candidate at a reasnable
price, :crazy: my question is sould I make a purchase now or do you think that prices will lower to a more reasnable figure after DUCATI releases there new touring
range of steeds? what do you think? :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
I wouild think that the market value of a 4s will be highly depending on the success/looks of the new model (if it is coming, only grapevine stories sofar I understand). But I also think that if you would buy a pre 04 4s you'll buy a bike that will become a collector's model.
Normally Ducati announces the new models for next year somewhere around September. I would just wait unless the right deal comes by ....
Good luck!

·
Still needs a life.
12,427 Posts
munga said:
do you think that prices will lower to a more reasnable figure after DUCATI releases there new touring range of steeds? what do you think? :)
Word on the street is that there will be no new touring steeds and the only one remaining in Ducati's stable will be the Multistrada.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Bill_Anderson said:
Word on the street is that there will be no new touring steeds and the one in Ducati's stable will be the Multistrada.
That hurts - so you're telling that when I need/want a new sport touring bike I need to shop at another brand? MMhhh, need to think about that.

·
Registered
403 Posts
munga said:
g'day ta all I have been on the hunt for an st4-s for a fair while now and here in the land downunder we pay a higher premiun to be able to play with these kind of toys! (12K- about 19K for an 05) yeh we get screwed. Anyway like I said I'm getting close to finding a good candidate at a reasnable price, :crazy: my question is sould I make a purchase now or do you think that prices will lower to a more reasnable figure after DUCATI releases there new touring range of steeds? what do you think? :)
Don't worry about an insignificant price drop...buy it now and you'll be smiling sooner and longer than if you wait.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You really think so? Bob 14K is certainly allot of crab cakes.
What is the national average income over there? here down under our government
is telling us we have an average of about 48k

·
Registered
403 Posts
munga said:
You really think so? Bob 14K is certainly allot of crab cakes.
What is the national average income over there? here down under our government is telling us we have an average of about 48k
You're right Steven, $14k certainly is a lot of crab cakes and it really comes down to what can be afforded.

For US average salary:

2002 - The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports the average annual wages in the U.S. as $36,764

2005 - The US Census Bureau determined average salaries to be $46,326.

Prices are different here in the States. $14k for a used ST4s is unheard of, even for a 2005 with low mileage and add-ons.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got any picks to look at, I would have to talk to the road transport people as speedo reading in Mph may be an Issue but that could be remedied

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
The speedo has a "minor scale" on it that's in Km/hr. You might have to squint, though!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Tassie st4s

Interesting thread. My advice is go for the later shape- (04 or after). The extra protection the faring affords should be worthwhile. Ive been to Tassie on a duke and I know how cold it is there at the moment, and how much it rains the rest of the time. Great beer, great roads and more than ample women from memory.

Rossco
03 st4s.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
your right about the great beer and roads actually you pretty much summed it all up even the weather.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts