Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am planning on upgrading the shocks on my S2R 1k (I am on the slightly heavier side at 205lb) and I was wondering if anyone here considered an st4 rear shock.
I found a good deal on st4 Ohlins (DU 3331 46 HRC) shock and I would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I did a lot of reading about shock swaps for the S2R before I did mine. I actually couldn't really find any info or reports on running any of the ST series shocks. Pretty much everyone seems to either get a 749/999 or S4 shock. I actually ended up using a Multistrada 1000ds shock which is quite a bit better than the stock shock. Installation required a rectifier relocation and bending the ignition coil bracket out of the way. I'm going to sell it soon if you're interested as I've since decided to get a new Ohlins shock because I'm still looking for more comfort over our crappy roads.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well,
I don´t know specifically about the DU 3331, but the DU 0150 that came on an ST4S I bought once apon a time fits any Monster of the same frame generation (ST and Monsters beeing basically the same bikes),.
A quick Google did not yield any info on DU 3331, what shock is it specifically?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the response guys. Work has been a little intense over the last week.

I managed to do a little bit of research on the shocks on the side though :) . I think I got the Ohlins part numbers wrong.
The recommended Ohlins for the s2r are DU321 and the ones for the ST4/ST2 are DU 701.
Specs wise, they are the same length but different stroke.

Attached are the images from an Ohlins brochure and the St4 shocks from the seller (DU701)

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 2.42.16 PM.png

image2.jpeg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts