Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm finishing up a project that's long overdue. I've been installing a 916cc motor from a 1999 ST4 into a 1991 851 Superbike. I'm using the ST4 16M ECU and wiring harness including all ST4 sensors. The ST4 header has been mated up to pair of original FbF carbon cans. I'm using the ST4 airbox (K&N filter) with an open top and a few modifications to make it fit. My question is multifacted. Should I stay with the 16M ECU and try to find a chip that will work? Should I add one of the multitude of black boxes that all say they work better than the other? Should I order and build a MY16M ECU? I would like to add a set of Beast intake runners in the future, if that should influence the decision. Any opinions?

Thanx
Chris Mitchell

·
Registered
407 Posts
ST4 into 851

Hi all,

I'm finishing up a project that's long overdue. I've been installing a 916cc motor from a 1999 ST4 into a 1991 851 Superbike. I'm using the ST4 16M ECU and wiring harness including all ST4 sensors. The ST4 header has been mated up to pair of original FbF carbon cans. I'm using the ST4 airbox (K&N filter) with an open top and a few modifications to make it fit. My question is multifacted. Should I stay with the 16M ECU and try to find a chip that will work? Should I add one of the multitude of black boxes that all say they work better than the other? Should I order and build a MY16M ECU? I would like to add a set of Beast intake runners in the future, if that should influence the decision. Any opinions?

Thanx
Chris Mitchell
Do a Power Commander on a custom map with someone who has a dyno. The only way to go.

-Bob

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Bob, I'll check that out. Any other ideas?

Thanx
Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts