Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my fuel hose came off AGAIN the other day on my way home from work. I've been meaning to get in there and replace the o-ring and hose and now I had to. I came up with a little safety wire mod to prevent this from happening again. Hope it helps someone else with the same issue.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Excellent! I had a couple of those in-tank fuel hose connection failures, too, several years ago. I didn't safety-wire mine, but might do it when I renew the filter later this year.

I ended up doing something similar with the two shift mechanism bolts on my 848: I safety-wired them together and haven't had a problem since.

BTW--nice YouTube Channel--I just subscribed!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Genius, I will be giving this a try once I trailer my bike home this afternoon. While my bike is different, a M900Sie the same thing has happened to me twice now; the damn hose to the fuel filter slips off the pump. The weird thing about my situation both times it has happened was after I rode into work, threw the bike cover on it, and went out of town for a few days. Both times when I came back to the office to go home no fire and gas swirling around in the tank. I'm not sure if it has to do with extra heat from sitting in the sun with the cycle cover on that is making things shrink or expand and the line comes of or what but it's pissing me off :mad:

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's a great idea, but it's easier to file some grooves into the fuel pump plastic pipe. Don't need to go too deep, just 1/2mm maybe. I made 4 grooves one one side and 4 on the opposite side.

When you tighten the clamp, the rubber hose will bite in and stay there.

:smile2:

·
Registered
55 Posts
On mine I probably could have gotten away with filing grooves but after it coming apart twice in two weeks leaving me stranded at my office I did the safety wire trick. It worked wonders and the line has not come of the pump again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts