Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i go running off to the mechanic, i was hoping someone may be able to shed some light on the problem. Basically, i was adjusting the front forks compression dampning at the base of the forks... left side tightened up no problem. Right side, i was turning the screw but unable to find the 'stop'. The damn thing just keeps spinning.

Any ideas?? :confused:

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Sounds like something went loose on the inside…… maybe due to too much torque.

So you cannot feel the clicks, do you?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it clicks...and just keeps on clicking. Unless i have one with infinite adjustability ;)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was the compression adjustment screw. New one getting installed and be back up and running tomorrow!!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The funny thing is that when i had these serviced and installed...they were supposed to replace it. They infact charged me for it and had me waiting 3 weeks while they awaited the arrival of the part from Italy.

Wondered why i wasn't getting a better ride. I thought that i actually preferred the stock forks... I guess that explains why. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
That's the prize you pay for living down under…

My girlfriend waits for some bikinis from wicked weasel… i hope they arrive faster:D

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
That's the prize you pay for living down under…

My girlfriend waits for some bikinis from wicked weasel… i hope they arrive faster:D
Holy crap no wonder you are looking forward to those.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah, the Wicked Weasel ;)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Funnily enough...after some 'gentle' persuasion, they fixed em for free :D

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, i had a look on my 1000km service... they charged me labour and parts for it. Glad the job finally got done...almost six weeks later!! :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts