Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a ST4, and have a quick question - I pulled the fairings to repair some cracks, change the oil, see what I am working with, etc. - and it looks like it was leaking coolant at some point around the thermostat housing. The clamps seem tight, so I am thinking it had been loose at one point, and then the dealership I got it from tightened up the clamps and called it a day. There was a little residue on the inside of the fairing after a lengthy ride to get it home, that could have been old, or it could still be leaking a bit.

I am going to run it a bit and see if it is still leaking, but the question is - if I wanted to swap out the hoses for silicone ones, would I be looking for the Samco set for a 916, an ST4s, or is the ST4 different than both? In my searches, it seems like sometimes I find references to hoses for both the ST4 and ST4s, but then Samco has a 916/996 kit - and I am not sure which one is right...or if plain old factory replacement hoses would be best.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
You'd be OK with the ST4 / ST4s kit. ST4 and ST4s have the 916 and 996 engine, but differ in the coolant plumbing from the Superbikes that are named 916 and 996...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts