Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I don't have a service schedule nearby. Is the recommended interval 6,000 or 15,000 miles? Thanks!

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s
413 Posts
Make up a tool for holding your exhaust valve springs it hard to get good measure when just the 2 hands ....

Reactions: socalnative

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
I use the EMS tool (sold through DesmoTimes) to press down on the lifter. It takes a bit of force to overcome the spring...but it's doable. I like Yoda (umm...Yorik) would like to see the tool you're mentioning.

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s
413 Posts
Okay , will try and post a photo , if not successful ,I did get idea from this forum several yrs ago now ... it is simple to make and takes all spring pressure off and holds it , freeing up both hands to get good measurement .....
F15C9C5B-74C8-48EE-911A-C2FEE3AC620C.jpeg

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s
413 Posts
The Clevis? thing must have threads in opposite directions on each end , chain attached with bolts from valve cover in to top cover holes , turn thumb screw at other end till it catches and pushes down , once tight it will stay in place as long as needed ,while you measure and make your changes as needed .... once you make yours up the light in brain comes on and you think , why didn’t I think of that , simple to figure out how to use , if you made it that far into servicing you can make it work ...

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s
413 Posts
Here is photo I worked from to make mine , had to fire up old desk top and search for a while to find .... this photo was lifted from this forum , I think several yrs gone now .... hope this helps explain things better , than my feeble attempt ...
Craig
8CB23E24-8052-4EFE-8BA6-490E342FE49B.jpeg

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s
413 Posts
Thought someone on here might remember , it has been a great help since I put it together and so far has worked as described with no issue .....

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Wife put 78,000 miles on her ST3s before she traded it for a SuperSport 939. After 30,000 miles, on the advise of a trusted Ducati shop, she started having the valves done every 12,000 and continued this for the remaining 48,000 miles with out issue. Never did put in more than 1-2 shims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 13 of 13 Posts