Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
What GPS are you using? I use a Garmin 60csx and have a ram ball mounted to the hollow inner clip on. I posted a pic a long while ago but don't think it's still in the forums.

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts
what's the best mounting option? any help will be appreciated. thx,
There was a recent thread on this so you should do a search for it to avoid duplication.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ram mounts are very strong and would support a larger GPS in this manner also I believe. But I just have my trusty little 60csx for the Duc and the dirt bike. No interference with tankbag either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to dredge up such an old post...

Ducatak, your second photo there shows a RAM Mount that's screwed into your bars but I can't find anything like that on the RAM Mounts website. Don't suppose you know the part number by any chance?

I know it's a long shot.

Cheers
Graeme

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
There is also this little puppy:

The threads work with my Cycle Cat bars. Check that they are the same for the ST3 bars.

Have a good one.

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Here's a pic of the phone mounted:
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/40-spor...quest-your-gps-mounts-setups.html#post4501034

The RAM base uses the same hole on the left side that the brake reservoir is fastened to on the right.

I don't have one of just the base or the mount. I can snag that tonight.

I did end up going with the 6in arm as the phone would bump the fairing if not installed just so.

Have a good one.
Thanks... So the M8 screw screws into an MSR expander that is fit into the inner end of the bar tube?

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
The Cycle Cat bars for the first gen STs have an M8 threaded hole on the inner surface. All that I did was swap out the clutch reservoir mounting bolt for one of the longer ones that came with the RAM ball.

From the pic in Post 6, it looks like the second gen STs have a similar hole. I don't know what thread it is though.

Have a good one.

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
Here is a pic of my mount. You can also see the USB charger under the two bolt on the right side of the fairing.

Please let me know if you need any more.

Have a good one.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts