Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a ST3Abs and have had problems just above idle in the 2-3k rpm range. My bike missfires sometimes causing a stall. The dealer says there is a problem with the engine running lean which may be because the O2 sensors aren't being read and therefore the cpu isn't trimming correctly. They say that this is a problem with many of the dual spark bikes. Has anyone had simular problems or know of a fix?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re ST3 Missfire

Hi Motojoe,
I have similar but more extensive problems with my 2006 ST3 (1200kms old now). Read my reply to Baz 777's post re ST3 running rough. The feedback from our dealers in Australia is that disconnecting the O2 sensor does not cure the problem and only makes the bike run rich straight away. Because the EFI is "closed loop" the problem is in the software. The Senior Technical person from the Australian importers of Ducati is over in Italy this week discussing the problem at the factory. He returns to Australia, hopefully with a solution, on 30th April which is a Sunday. We anticipate he will be back at work on Tuesday 2nd May and should have more information re how to resolve the ST3 EFI issues then.
Cheers,
dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks deebee! Good to here that they are making progress on this. This is one glitch to an otherwise amazing bike.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re ST3

No problems MotoJoe. Will keep you posted on the outcome. I agree the ST3 is other than the EFI problem an excellent bike. Riding an MTS1000DS in the interim while my ST3 is being attended to has provided me with an opportunity to compare the air cooled engine with the 3 Valve liquid cooled engine and the latter once the EFI is fixed would be my choice any day. It revs out much easier, doesn't run out of steam as early as the air cooled unit and should wear a lot better. The ST3 wet clutch is also a marked improvement on the MTS1000DS's dry clutch.
Cheers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Regretfully, my only mode of transportation is my ST3 so i will be riding with the glitch. It isn't as bad on my bike as some of the other people seem to have it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts