Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the ST3 the dash panel has several changeable settings, including changing country to get mile/kilometers/Degrees F or C etc. but one setting has puzzled me.

What is the difference between the ST3 & ST4 setting (apart from 1)?

Thanks

David

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Be a bit more specific. As in YEAR of said bikes.
I assume the ST3 is a 2004, like in UR signature.

But many times, people say ST4, when they intend to say ST4s.

Well there's a huge difference right there. ST4s went from the older style, and spilled over into the newer dash. And right there, there are huge differences.

So tell us the year(s) of the ST4 or ST4s that UR referring to.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Be a bit more specific. As in YEAR of said bikes.
I assume the ST3 is a 2004, like in UR signature.

But many times, people say ST4, when they intend to say ST4s.

Well there's a huge difference right there. ST4s went from the older style, and spilled over into the newer dash. And right there, there are huge differences.

So tell us the year(s) of the ST4 or ST4s that UR referring to.

Yes, it's the 2004 ST3.

Let me rephrase - if I change the setting to not show ST3, will it make any difference? I'm only talking about the dash. I know that the bikes themselves are quite different beasts.

David

·
Super Moderator
5,570 Posts
Yes, it's the 2004 ST3.

Let me rephrase - if I change the setting to not show ST3, will it make any difference? I'm only talking about the dash. I know that the bikes themselves are quite different beasts.

David
Soon as you make the change, the chrome starts to flake off the rockers. >:)

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
^^^ agree!!

DON'T DO THE CHANGE!!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Yes, it's the 2004 ST3.

David
I still don't understand what UR trying to do...I thing the ECU can be reprogrammed to read "Hot DUC", or whatever, but I didn't know it could be altered at the A or B buttons.

Then again, I haven't owned a 2004 on-up machine, so I'll shut up now.

Maybe Brad can spew more intelligible wisdom here? ;-)

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I still don't understand what UR trying to do...I thing the ECU can be reprogrammed to read "Hot DUC", or whatever, but I didn't know it could be altered at the A or B buttons.

Then again, I haven't owned a 2004 on-up machine, so I'll shut up now.

Maybe Brad can spew more intelligible wisdom here? ;-)
I'm not trying to do anything. Just curious as to what the setting does. Brad answered - just to show which bike you have.

The owners manual tells you how to change it.

David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts