Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

ST3 TPS setting?

4795 Views 10 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  kaysystems
Please excuse me if this has been posted. I haven't found it yet after reading dozens of posts about setting up these bikes.

So we set the TPS to 150mv after making sure the throttle plate is closed. Easy. Now we set the throttle angle to some value. The DesmoTimes book says 3 degrees. The Ducati manual says 2.3 degrees. This should be the base idle. The bleeds are used to fine tune the idle.

Is the Ducati method simply producing a very lean idle, whereas DesmoTimes produces a rich one? Mine is set at 3 and sounds & smells rich at idle.

thanks in advance
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,011 Posts
It may be different on yours but on mine I adjusted to the idle mV setting with the idle screw after setting the baseline at 150. That controls the fuel, not timing. Are you sure you're reading it right?

· Registered
3,011 Posts
Have you ever reset the TPS? If done the way you did it, I do see the need for a reset, but once reset, life could be tricky to make sure the ECU understands that 150mv is actually zero on the throttle plate (and not a posible negative value)
Yes, I've done it a few times. I don't know what you mean and wonder if you are over complicating the issue? How do you get a negative value?

With the throttle plates closed you set the TPS at 150 mV and snug her down. Then you adjust the idle screw to 460 (I think for my ST4) or whatever, that's how mine works but your ST3 could be different, hopefully someone here has one that's done it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.