Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a nice ride this past weekend (1500mi) and on the way home my fuel tank didn't want to open at the gas station. Finally got it open after fiddling around for a few minutes - vacuum had formed in the tank while riding. The tank swelled noticeably when finally opened as well!
Seemed to get better after playing with the vent, but I took the filler apart when I got home.
Lots of tiny little pieces in there!!!!
The pressure/vac vent was suck closed -- see the yellow figure eight thing in the middle of the pic.
Cleaned and re-assembled (after dropping the microscopic detent spring 10 or so f%#king times!!)
All good now - even opens/closes better too!

I dont know if this is related to the st4 thread, but food for thought...

Attachments

·
7,733 Posts
I went for a nice ride this past weekend (1500mi) and on the way home my fuel tank didn't want to open at the gas station. Finally got it open after fiddling around for a few minutes - vacuum had formed in the tank while riding. The tank swelled noticeably when finally opened as well!
Seemed to get better after playing with the vent, but I took the filler apart when I got home.
Lots of tiny little pieces in there!!!!
The pressure/vac vent was suck closed -- see the yellow figure eight thing in the middle of the pic.
Cleaned and re-assembled (after dropping the microscopic detent spring 10 or so f%#king times!!)
All good now - even opens/closes better too!

I dont know if this is related to the st4 thread, but food for thought...
Did you previously lube the lock?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you previously lube the lock?
No, just an occasional wd blast when cleaning the bike.

The bike sat outside on the trip, including some fairly heavy rain one day...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts