Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a Honda Nut, this is my first post and will be demo riding a ST3, S4R for the first time, in Atlanta, Ga. My current ride is a 04 Honda ST1300. The rides will answer most of my questions, but will not buy a Duc w/o a service manual. My short search has not found a source. The Honda manuals are well put together; wonder how (if available) a Duc manual compares.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Fred.....if you find one, let me know, because the one I leaves alot to be desired. I have the Ducati Maintenance & Modification Guide 2nd Edition, which covers the 907ie, Grand Canyon, MHE, Monster, Multistrada, Sport, ST2/ST3 and Supersport, written by LT Synder, purchased thru www.desmotimes.com. I have always had Haynes manuals, which are clear and concise and extremely detailed.

Rick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thnx Rick,
I'll check it out. Looks like the aftermarket Clymers/Haynes manuals may be the primary source for a maintenance manual? I preferred the Clymers over the Haynes, in my experience, but the Haynes may do well.
Fred

·
Registered
187 Posts
All Ducati dealers can order the factory service manuals. To my knowlege, Clymer and Haynes do not have one for the STx (I know they don't have one for the ST3). Be prepared for the price though: north of $150. I purchased mine from www.section8superbike.com

A good supplement written by LT Snyder (www.desmotimes.com) can be had for about $30 or so. I recommend picking up both because though LT has some good tips for STs, it is not comprehensive; especially for the ST3. I have them both and don't regret buying either of them.

·
7,733 Posts
I purchased a factory service manual "update" for my '05 ST3, and needed to buy the full '04 ST3 manual to get the "complete" service manual for the '05 ST3. It was not cheap, ie approx 400.00 cdn with the 4 ring binder. Well made with glossy colour pictures, and fairly detailed instructions. Weighs apprx 8lbs. YMMV.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Geoff_ST_III_1 said:
I order a service manual for my '05 ST3 last week from my dealer. He quoted me $40 on CD. Can get much better price than that.
You may have only gotten the supplement as stryder alluded to. If it is in fact the complete '04 factory service manual plus the '05 supplement, please let us know who your dealer is; I'd love to have a copy on CD, especially at that price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts