Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have changed the oil on ST2s and 996s, and generally clean the oil screen at the same time I change the oil. I just completed the first oil change on my ST3. I expected the oil screen to be attached to the 14mm hex bolt on the right side of the engine; however, after removing the hex bolt, I did not find an oil screen.

Does anyone know whether the ST3 has an oil screen and, if so, where it is and how to clean it?

Also, has anyone found a worthwhile service manual for the ST3?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please ignore my post.

After searching for quite some while before I posted my question, I received the answer in a "similar post" immediately following my post. Apparently, there is now a separate 14mm oil screen recessed beneath the first 14mm bolt.

That said, advice on a high quality manual would be appreciated. I haven't found the Ducati shop manual to be worth much.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
tomis916 said:
I have changed the oil on ST2s and 996s, and generally clean the oil screen at the same time I change the oil. I just completed the first oil change on my ST3. I expected the oil screen to be attached to the 14mm hex bolt on the right side of the engine; however, after removing the hex bolt, I did not find an oil screen.

Does anyone know whether the ST3 has an oil screen and, if so, where it is and how to clean it?

Also, has anyone found a worthwhile service manual for the ST3?

Thanks for any help.
The oil screen is in there. It's just not attached to the cover. Use the same 14mm allen key to remove the oil screen. Look closely, you'll see it in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts