Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an opinion about any differences in handling after installing Heli or similar risers.
Thanks,
Mick
'06 ST3

·
Mr Leakered
8,823 Posts
Sorry if this isn't exactly relevant, but on my 01 ST4, I actually removed my risers due to a balance upset I was feeling in corners. Every time I would take a corner enthusiastically, I found that I had to move my body forward (besides leaning) to feel good. With out the risers, the ST feels much more natural.

Also, while I do notice some more load on my wrists, I hasn't been bothersome. Although, I will be keeping the risers around just in case.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sorry if this isn't exactly relevant, but on my 01 ST4, I actually removed my risers due to a balance upset I was feeling in corners. Every time I would take a corner enthusiastically, I found that I had to move body forward (besides leaning) to feel good. With out the risers, the ST feels much more natural.

Also, while I do notice some more load on my wrists, I hasn't been bothersome. Although, I will be keeping the risers around just in case.

Have a good one.
I got rid of my Helibars for that exact reason. Then again, I like the stock '03 seat too :D

·
Mr Leakered
8,823 Posts
I got rid of my Helibars for that exact reason. Then again, I like the stock '03 seat too :D
Don't tempt me. I was given the stock seat when I purchased my ST. I'm lovin' the Corbin. I'm forgetting that, or at least trying. 8)

Have a good one.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I put 1 inch risers on my ST4 years ago. I also raised my ride height about 5/8 inch. I do notice that when I want to go faster than I should that I try to get more weight on the front wheel. I tend to lean more forward. But I do not find this a problem. The bike is still very balanced and the benefits of having the bars a little higher far out weighs the negatives. Its a sport touring bike and it does everything very well even with the risers.
Mike

·
Registered
86 Posts
My bike came with convertibars on it. The last owner had they set maybe 4 inches above the triple clamp. I dropped them down 1 1/2 inches and but some droop in the bar ends to get it to lean over. I don't know he rode it. No wonder he traded it with 213 miles on it:)

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts
You will be taking weight off the front with bar raisers so you may want to reduce the pre-load to compensate some other settings may tweeking for the same reason.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
You will be taking weight off the front with bar raisers so you may want to reduce the pre-load to compensate some other settings may tweeking for the same reason.
while I do agree basically with what you are saying, this won't allways be the case. I find that my upper body position stayed the same but my arms are bent now rather than locked. This not only is more comfortable but allows the bike to handle better.

·
Registered
140 Posts
On my BMW R1100S I removed my handlebar raisers because I felt unloading the front wheel diminished its handling.That being said tons of guys rode with them and rode as fast????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts