Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdo!

Currently lost the yellow flashing indicator LED/Bulb in the dash. Indicators seem to be working ok. Can the dash be opened up to replace led/bulb or is it a lost cause - or could something else be causing the problem? It dosen't light on first start up either.

Any info most welcome.

Cheers Pabo

·
I yam what I yam
989 Posts
I searched my ST3 "Factory Service Manual" DVD. What a joke, as usual. It explains how to R&R the instrument panel, and how to replace all of the bulbs on the bike, except those in the instrument panel. :eek:

I remember reading here how some ST owners had opened up the instrument panel in order to seal it and prevent condensation inside. Maybe one of them can provide some assistance.

·
7,733 Posts
The pod is easy enough to split open, just remove the screws and it prys open, but taking apart the instrument electronics board/chassis is a diiferent story as the tach needle needs to be removed to split the frt and rear halves, not just an issue of removing more screws. I think someone said he used a fork or something like that to pry the tack needle off. AFAIK, those are diodes, not bulbs, and can't be replaced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts