Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdo!!

The indicator LED had gone on my dash, would anyone know the specs/supplier for a replacement surface mounted LED?

Cheers Pablo

·
7,733 Posts
Already? :confused: I thought they were supposed to last for a very, very long time. :( I've had my pod apart but I didn't take the interior circuit boards apart, but believe they can be pulled apart, once various screws are removed as well as the tach needle, carefully removed using 2 forks IIRC.(?) If you can get at the LED's, maybe you can pull one and bring it to an electrical shop to see if they can match it up. :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got myself a spare dash, however the ECU needs unlocking to allow the dash to work. I want the bike working as designed, I've altered my original bike to allow the immobiliser to work, which is a feature I like, so unlocking the ECU is currently on the back bench.

I did use the spare dash to prove it was the LED. I also took the spare dash apart to have a Mk1 eyeball, the only issue is removing the rev counter needle(Any tips???) I don't think it's a major job to change the surface mounted LED, but it will be a pain sourcing the actual item I think. Been along time since I've done any small surface mounted items :eek: also had a proper PACE mounting system not me Luke Skywalker soldering iron.

·
7,733 Posts
I have not removed the tach needle but afaik, the trick is to keep equal pressure on all/even sides. I have heard of people using forks, wire cutters, spoons etc, that get under it and provide equal pulling pressure on all sides. I read here IIRC about a chap using 1 or 2 forks, taped on the underside where it/they contacted the tach face, and slowly pushing down on them, prying the needle off the shaft while holding the face down. (?) :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts