Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a quick picture of the Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder mounted on the ST3.

The slave cylinder has made the clutch easier to pull, hold in at stops, and most importantly, the range in which the clutch engages has been increased. I feel that this additional feel in the clutch engagement is the greatest benefit of the Evoluzione slave cylinder.

I've put a 14-tooth front sprocket on which has really helped the performance of the bike, and also pictured is a shift-tech carbon fiber sprocket cover which is a nice cosmetic upgrade.

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
879 Posts
Did this upgrade on my Monster and it was a good one.. Will be doing the same on the ST at some point..

Looks good.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Awesome! I really need to do this to my ST3, I have really wimpy and weak wrists and the clutch kills my hand after about 700 miles/12 hours on the road and I’m not even talking about stop and go traffic, just regular riding through the country side. I plan to do some iron butt rides this year (SS & BB) but I think my clutch hand will give out on me before my body & mind does, I can't have that happen.

So how much are we talking about $$$?

Should I order the Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder from my dealer or can I get it somewhere on-line?

Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
You may be able to find one on Ebay, but it's not easy. The best price I've seen is from desmotimes, though I can't get their site to work right now. I believe they were priced around $155 or so...I have no affiliation with them, just a satisfied customer...

I ended up getting a great deal on an STM on ebay. I would've bought the Evo, but I decided I wanted red to match my pressure plate.

·
Chilehead
6,984 Posts
VIVID1 said:
Awesome! I really need to do this to my ST3, I have really wimpy and weak wrists and the clutch kills my hand after about 700 miles/12 hours on the road and I’m not even talking about stop and go traffic, just regular riding through the country side. I plan to do some iron butt rides this year (SS & BB) but I think my clutch hand will give out on me before my body & mind does, I can't have that happen.

So how much are we talking about $$$?

Should I order the Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder from my dealer or can I get it somewhere on-line?

Thanks in advance for the info.
Just remove two or three springs. Doesn't cost anything.

Tom

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm considering getting an aftermarket clutch slave cylinder, also, but I've heard that it might make it harder to find neutral. Anyone have this experience on their ST3 after getting the Evoluzione or Yoyodyne versions installed?

·
Registered
193 Posts
FWIW.....

With my '01 ST2 after installing the Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder, it was actually EASIER to find neutral.

·
Registered
62 Posts
After the winter layoff......I'm struggling to get the "feel" of the clutch again :( I wait til the seals blow, like everyone claims they will, before replacing the slave.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts