Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 ST3
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently replaced my clutch slave cylinder on my 05' ST3 with an Oberon slave cylinder and now I have oil leaking from that area. There was an O-ring on the original cylinder but the new one didn't have any slot for the o-ring and there are large gaps on the mounting area that an O-ring wouldn't do any good anyway. Has anyone experienced this before? Is there a fix for this?

·
Registered
41 Posts
yeah, thats a lot of oil. different from my ST2 (dry clutch), but does not appear to be an issue with the slave. note, however, there is a groove in the clutch push rod at the slave end. it appears from the photo that the small o-ring there might be missing...?

·
Registered
612 Posts
note, however, there is a groove in the clutch push rod at the slave end. it appears from the photo that the small o-ring there might be missing...?
Should be two grooves/o-rings on the slave side of the pushrod, no? Definitely seems it could be a source though. OP: may as well replace them while you're in there cleaning up. They're cheap and it's an easy job.

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s
381 Posts
I check that spot every winter and always replace those 2 o-rings on clutch rod , bought them up the street at a nuts & bolts shop , I think $0.05 each .... grease rod lightly when putting it back in place with the new rings .... and I would try and keep that area a little cleaner ....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Clean the bore for the clutch rod with a gun bore cleaning rod and brush until it's squeaky clean. Then new o-rings and synthetic grease on the rod. The cylinder itself should also be immaculately cleaned however the seals always go on these things, I don't care who makes them. They live in a dirty, gritty area and are always in use. Clean these things each year or more often.

·
Registered
2005 ST3
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys hit the nail on the head, it was those 2 O-rings. I was panicked that I would have to take the case apart but it was a piece of cake sliding that rod out and replacing them. Thanks for all the help!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts