Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 ST3 with approximately 10,000 KM's/6000 miles. After about 30 minutes of riding and the bike is fully warmed up, there is a moan or low level whine coming from, what I believe is the clutch(dry clutch). This only happens when I start off from a stop light and it doesn't seem to matter how I adjust my gas and clutch. It has also happened on a down shift on a really hot day. The clutch doesn't appear to slip at all.

Any ideas??

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
she's a'moanin and a'groinin heh?

my '04 ST3 had the same sound at some point. It's been to long ago, I'll guess prior to reaching 12k miles. I believe it occured during the Sacramento summer's heat. Eventually that sound went away and nothing was mention from the dealer's 12,800 mi. service. The bike has 24k mi. now and clutch performs fine as far as I know, though the gal's rattle is louder.

As soon as I acquire a thousand dollar the ST3 will go in for service, at which time I'm expecting to replace the original clutch plates. BTW what's an avg mile mark for needing clutch plates?
my 2 cents deducted from my 24k service fund, dup!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Just the typical dry clutch moan. Removing the clutch cover and cleaning out some of the clutch dust will somewhat help things, at least for a while. And a vented/open cover can help keep dust accumulation down and things operating a bit cooler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts