Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike won't stay on...
First trying to charge the battery. And it worked well for 1 day. Next tried a new battery then same, a day later just shut down on the road. After jumping it. I was able to make it home. Now as soon as I take the jumper cables off boom the bike shuts down.
Any suggestions on what route to take? I love my bike and need it to stay sane! I'm sure yall understand!

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
What I would try first is to disconnect the battery completely and clean the posts and the terminals on the wires really well...use a steel brush. Also clean the ground at the back of the engine. Sounds like you have a voltage drop for some reason...corrosion could be a possibility. You said you installed a "new" battery...brand new or just one that's different. Could be both batteries are spent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I would try first is to disconnect the battery completely and clean the posts and the terminals on the wires really well...use a steel brush. Also clean the ground at the back of the engine. Sounds like you have a voltage drop for some reason...corrosion could be a possibility. You said you installed a "new" battery...brand new or just one that's different. Could be both batteries are spent.
New like never been used. Jajaja! :D

·
Registered
642 Posts
Ran on a charged battery until battery ran flat and died. Started and ran after a jump start, (which will include some splash of charge) then stopped. Symptoms of failed charging. Confirm by charge battery and start, check battery voltage with a multimeter, expect it to be decaying. Inspect and clean wires from alternator to regulator, regulator.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ran on a charged battery until battery ran flat and died. Started and ran after a jump start, (which will include some splash of charge) then stopped. Symptoms of failed charging. Confirm by charge battery and start, check battery voltage with a multimeter, expect it to be decaying. Inspect and clean wires from alternator to regulator, regulator.
I'll do that! Thanks for the input!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts