Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I thought yesterday would be a good day.
New battery with fresh charge and off I go. Bike ran fine. Topped up with fuel on way home for good measure.
As I turn off for the home stretch, I see an old neighbour heading towards the town. I give the horn a quick toot and wave.
As soon as the horn blows, the engine dies. I coast to the side of the road and check all the fuses. All are fine. All electrics "seem" ok. Lights, horn, etc.
Fuel pump kicks in, starter motor turns, but bike refuses to start.
As it was dark when I pushed it home and it's pouring here this morning, I haven't had a chance to see if there's a spark at the plugs or if there's a bad connection at the battery.
It seems somehow to be related to me honking the horn. I have the dual Fiamms with a relay.
Any thoughts?

·
Still needs a life.
12,598 Posts
Start by scrolling through the threads for the past month. There have recently been several "my ST won't start" threads with good advice.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Sounds different than my issue, but worth a try. My bike died on two separate occasions. Turned out to be the wiring leading into the battery. Apparently due to age and heat, the wires had become a little melted. My mechanic pulled the wires apart, re-soldered them and all seems okay now... New rubber housing, etc..

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ayup - I'll do that Bill. Would have done so already, but the network wasn't cooperating either. One of those days ...

Hope you're doing well on your road to recovery.

Tahoest2 - thanks for that suggestion. I'm leaving the office now and if the rain clears this evening, that'll be the first thing I'll look at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts