Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
BMW makes some great bikes... but nothing quite like the Multi. The XR is closest but the character of the motor is not as touring friendly... if you ever head out for weeks long tours you'll really love the Multi, it's a bike that's a great weekend warrior but will blow you away when you are spending 12-15 hours a day on it for days on end (just the fact that you CAN spend 15 hours on it in a day without needing a chiropractor). It's like an ideal 'street optimized' mix of the GS and XR.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So far, I’m in total agreement. the Multi is the better overall road bike than the quintessential king of touring, R1200RT. The power difference and more upright seating position are the big separator. The BMW has it in the controls/dash/options layout.

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
So far, I’m in total agreement. the Multi is the better overall road bike than the quintessential king of touring, R1200RT. The power difference and more upright seating position are the big separator. The BMW has it in the controls/dash/options layout.
I think the GS is a bit more comfortable for touring (and MUCH better in the soft stuff) but if your riding style biases toward sporty touring (like me...my touring is generally riding to places where I drop the bags and get into trouble) then the Multi is perfect. If you're ALL ABOUT riding hard then the XR might be a better choice (though at that point I'd think the hyper naked's are in scope and that's the way I'd go... SDR, SFv4s, S1000R, Tuono... or maybe the new Kawi tho it's a heavy beast). I'm still leaning SFv4S but not this year because of the screwed up economy.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts