Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for you guy who read all the specs...
I'm told ST2 seats fit on ST4. Well i found a great deal on a used corbin seat from a ST2 guy even had the orginal box! Love the seat however I'd have to be 7ft with long arms to get my butt back where the scoop is. Was the ST2 shorter from the steering neck to the seat? Even with 1 inch bar risers i still can't get back there. I'm 6'1'.
Yes i know get a Sargent.. but that double what i paid for this seat.

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
Question for you guy who read all the specs...
I'm told ST2 seats fit on ST4. Well i found a great deal on a used corbin seat from a ST2 guy even had the orginal box! Love the seat however I'd have to be 7ft with long arms to get my butt back where the scoop is. Was the ST2 shorter from the steering neck to the seat? Even with 1 inch bar risers i still can't get back there. I'm 6'1'.
Yes i know get a Sargent.. but that double what i paid for this seat.
ALL ST seats are interchangeable. And no, distance from steering neck to seat is the same, they all use the same tank, seat, & chassis.

Craig

·
Ducati Designs
1,124 Posts
Corbin made two versions. The Canyon that you have (for long armed Italians, baboons, etc!) and the Close Canyon, for the rest of the human race. Sounds like you got the former. Try doing chin ups nightly...

pg
DD

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
I'm just shy of 6ft with a long torso (half Italian. :) ). I believe I have the Canyon and love it. I don't sit back often, but on long stretches, it's great to have 4 or 5 positions to choose from. I can stretch out agianst the scoop, but always ride toward the front.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay anyone got a Close Canyon that needs a Canyon seat?
I'll trade ya.
Good to know theirs two different seats. Most people say i have ape arms but this is nuts..or should that be bananas?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I love the Corbin Canyon seat. It took a while to get accustomed to, because it does go waaaay back. But on longer rides I have lots of positions to choose from. What Tonered said.

The only thing I don't like is that it is a little slippery.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Corbin Canyon

I had three aftermarket seats for my ST and liked the Corbin Canyon best. It's a little firm and can take a little break in to get comfortable but is great for long distance comfort.

·
Registered
639 Posts
My bike came with a Canyon seat. I'm only 5'-7" - I ended up buying a Canyon Close and selling the Canyon. Still lots of room for forward and back shifting around.

I've ridden several different bikes with Corbin seats - my Norton has a Corbin. They generally are a bit wide and the foam is quite firm. My experience is that you feel the wideness when your feet are down, and you feel the firmness when you just start on a ride - but either the seat warms up and molds to my butt or the other way around - after a short while they feel real nice.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I agree with Tonered. I am 6ft 200lb. After about 350 miles you will be exploring every position available, including the upper pillion.

t_bare

·
Registered
68 Posts
Question for all of you, is there a market for all of our old seats? Is it worth trying to sell/give away? eBay has a bunch for sale, but only one has sold recently. I simply cannot imagine ever putting it back on my bike, nor anybody wanting it.

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
Good question. I've wanted to swap on the the stock seat just for fun, but have not yet done it.

I guess it would be a good base to have if my Corbin ever got messed up. If from a crash bad enough to damage the seat, I doubt there would be any bike left to worry about, but I was kind of worried about how the leather was going to hold up. With it sitting outside in the weather while at work, it hasn't done much of anything except fade a bit. I have been rather stingy on with the Lexol applications. I think of it when I look outside the office window on a sunny day, but not when it is sitting in the garage at home.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can someone post pic's of both versions. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts