Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a WTF moment yesterday.....went to upshift and the shifter was gone. The part you catch with your toe had apparently parted ways with the motorcycle. I don't want billet or reverse shift or anything .... just stock. The dealer says they have to order it from Italy. I would like to ride between now and fall so I am looking around. Anybody have one lying around or know of a dealer who stocks alot of parts? I am in Canada.
Thanks.

·
Mr Leakered
8,816 Posts
Yep. I have the stock rear sets from the previous owner. I have to dig them out, but I believe the shift lever is in there. Now that CC is back in business I don't need to hold on to the original stuff should something happen to the CC bits.

That said, reverse shift is truly better. The direct connection (no sloppy link rods) and the fact that you can easily up shift when cranked over in either corner is just huge, IMVHO. I have a shortish inseam, for a Duc anyway, so being able to tap down while leaning in a right-hander is an advantage also.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tony, I might take it off your hands if you'll check. You can PM me with an idea of what you'd need for it.

·
Mr Leakered
8,816 Posts
Will do. I need to dig deeper for the helmet lock wire for Royal Tiger. I will update you later.

Have a good one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts