Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the life of me i cant find where the RR replcament threads are. I remember one talking about using a RR from a Kawasaki 3-Phase, and instructions on how to install it to a single phase bike.

Any tips would help...bike has been garaged for a month and i can imagine what else would be the cause.

Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For what it's worth, I had regulator issues a couple years ago and ended up replacing mine with a mosfet unit from Jack at roadstercycle.com. Could not be happier with the higher voltage output and the service and tech help from Jack.

·
Registered
322 Posts
st reg/rec up grade

hello
i did the same thing 2/3 yrs back just the job and with a l.e.d. volt meter mounted all the time i can see the volts 14.5+ and i have aux front lights on a st2 1998 the old type is a shunt type reg/rec dumps any extra volts to ground go for it search e/ bay or a jap new one plus up grade all the wires from stator to reg/rec to stater motor to battery you will soon see you could fit it the reg/rec now and do the up grade winter time i will search for my info on how it is done
mike shannon

this was sent to me free so you try this hope it helps you

Here is how I just wired mine up:

Use any two of the 3 yellow to connect to the stator
Red is positive
Green is ground
Black is voltage sensor.

When I had the black wired to ground the r/r charged at 16.5+v, which I knew was wrong. I cut the connectors from the original r/r and soldered the above to them. From an earlier posting:

Turns out the wiring was incorrect for the version of r/r that I had. The green
wire is ground, and the black wire is voltage sensor. The black and white wire
coming off the original r/r that go to the battery indicator light actually
connect to a 'live' 12v connection (black) and a switched 12v connection
(white). I wired the Honda r/r green to ground and the black to the switched
white connection, and viola! 14.15v charging at 4k rpm.+

1 - 4 of 4 Posts