Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing the rubber wellnuts on the windscreen the other day as the old ones were going bad. As i was putting it all back together i noticed that there was a metal plate on each side that of the windscreen plastic. But i can’t for the life of me understand what function it has.

The two pictures show what plate im referring to.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I was changing the rubber wellnuts on the windscreen the other day as the old ones were going bad. As i was putting it all back together i noticed that there was a metal plate on each side that of the windscreen plastic. But i can’t for the life of me understand what function it has.

The two pictures show what plate im referring to.
Looks to me like it's there as a structural brace to make a solid attachment between the plastic parts.

The description (plate) doesn't offer much in the way of clues, though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s what thought too, but i can’t see a reason for using a plate. I have tried to see if the plate holds on to something inside the headlight cowl, but i doesn’t seem to do anything.
And as you said, the description doesn’t give it away either

·
Registered
332 Posts
I always thought they were some kind of locator tab that helps hold onto, or properly position, something.
Honestly, the well nuts that hold those two pieces of plastic together broke loose in their housing on my bike long ago. You don't need to take them apart to take the whole assembly out, so I haven't that last few times I've had the fairings apart.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have contacted several Ducati dealerships, but none can explain where or how that plate serves it’s purpose.
I guess i never get to know it’s real function 😆

1 - 5 of 5 Posts