Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m looking at importing an ST2 from Seattle and I`m trying to navigate the government of Canada`s oh-so-helpful website. One of the requirements is an all lights on requirement.
Does the ST2 have running lights up front or is that what they`re asking for? As far as I know, all motorcycles since 1975 have to have headlights on while running so that can`t be what they`re asking for.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just imported an ST4s from Seattle and didn't have to change anything on the bike. I can tell you to be aware of the additional charges. For starters, Ducati charges $500 for the recall clearance letter and take their time getting it to you. And don't forget the fee from the Registrar of Imported Vehicles, GST, PST, shipping charges and storage charges (the bike has to remain in the States for five days after you submit your paperwork to the US Border Service).

All in all, the whole process is a bit of a pain in the ass and the extra fees add up in a hurry, but there are deals to be had down there and if the price is right, it can all be worth it.

Check out this weblink for more information:

http://www.ldrider.ca/importing/importing.htm

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$500!!!!!! For a letter!! You kidding me?!

·
Registered
25 Posts
$500!!!!!! For a letter!! You kidding me?!
You can check your local Ducati dealership but I did the research and got the reply directly from Ducati North America that this is what their policy is. They tried to justify the cost to me but I didn't buy it. Anyway, somebody from HQ said that my complaint would go to the executive for review but I wouldn't hold out any hope of things changing.

·
Registered
590 Posts
There is no way to justify the $500 charge. Just like it is impossible to justify the fact that they won't give a recall letter for bikes that are newer than 2007. Both are in place to artificially increase the cost/difficulty of importing bikes.

You are not the first to request an 'executive review'. Don't hold your breath.

You can check your local Ducati dealership but I did the research and got the reply directly from Ducati North America that this is what their policy is. They tried to justify the cost to me but I didn't buy it. Anyway, somebody from HQ said that my complaint would go to the executive for review but I wouldn't hold out any hope of things changing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts