Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the bolt pattern on the Monster S4 (2001-ish) is the same as the ST2 (2002)?

Cycle Cat, as well as others, made adjustable bars that fit the Monster S4. they "look" similar, but I cannot find a Monster S4 for comparison.

Lots of folks, including Heli, make bars for the ST4 and ST3, but....who makes something for the ST2?

Thanks,
Bob
Seattle, WA

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Does anyone know if the bolt pattern on the Monster S4 (2001-ish) is the same as the ST2 (2002)?

Cycle Cat, as well as others, made adjustable bars that fit the Monster S4. they "look" similar, but I cannot find a Monster S4 for comparison.

Lots of folks, including Heli, make bars for the ST4 and ST3, but....who makes something for the ST2?
The Monster S4 and the 03 and below ST use the same parts. I went through this myself not too long ago. I ended up buying Cycle Cat parts sold to fit the S4. They fit right on my ST. The only issue is the S4 Cycle Cat bar adapters have a tab for mounting the Monster instrument panel. I had planned to use those tabs as a mounting point for a GPS and toll transponder but found a set of the ST adapters and swapped those on instead.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
I also just mounted a set of Cyclecat Monster bars on my 2003 ST4s, with just the usual fitment adjustments, especially for the clutch reservoir for some reason. Like SS904, I managed to find ST adapters and didn't need the Monster ones, but they certainly would have worked, even though the extra tab was sort of annoying. Probably I'd have ground it off and polished the spot.

Love my Cyclecat bars, by the way. LT sells Throttlemeister control with the Cyclecat adapter for it, so it can be used with such aftermarket items as well.

If you find some good ones, I'd jump on it. Oncycle doesn't list anymore the higher Monster bars that I bought, so I don't know which ones you intended to get.

Ron

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Oncycle doesn't list anymore the higher Monster bars that I bought, so I don't know which ones you intended to get.
I bought the S4 "low bars" to fit on my ST. The fit was perfect, no issues with faring clearance or problems with clutch and brake lines. In my case I wasn't really after much more rise. I wanted more droop and pull back. The lower S4 set gave me exactly that, with maybe 1/4" more actual rise. Perfect!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts