Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '98 ST2 that I have owned for just a few months. Overall the bike runs great, but it has a strong fuel smell at idle. I am assuming that it is running too rich. The previous owner had been into the ECU cover so I assume that he had adjusted the idle mixture potentiometer. Last night, I went in and adjusted the pot toward the lean side. This made the bike idle much smoother, but I am still smelling fuel at idle. Are there some other mixture adjustments that I should be aware of?

·
Mr Leakered
8,944 Posts
A well running Duc tends to be a bit rich. You'll see some carbon deposited on the exhaust tips. That said, you should see MPGs in the mid-30s for an ST2, if not a bit higher.

I adjust mine without a Gastester (yet). I generally make small adjustments and ride it to see if it is too lean (popping and surging). I set the trim just a bit above that point.

I have found that making large adjustments to the trim can throw off the TB sync a bit.

Have a good one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts