Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,
I recently bought a 2003 ST4S and am having it shipped in the next few weeks...
I just purchased new Tires( Q2s )from STG here in Mi. and am ordering more stuff as the week goes by...But down the road I want to add slip ons...
I would appreciate the usual Ducati MS assistance in user reviews...
I have seen the Stayinyunes,MIVV, and maybe others... do NOT want abusive loud...I DO want to relaease the beautiful Symphony I know is in the DUc...I have D&D Stainless on my 900SS..VERY NICE!!!
So please chime in on what you have and how you like iut..and also if the bike needed or needs some more work to get the engine to run properly after adding the slip ons.
I had a 2005 ST3 I purchased a few years back from a lister and it had LeoVince cans...(CF)
That exhaust was SAAAWEET!!
Thanks in advance to all
Mike S
SE Mi.
1996 900SSCR with most all the goodies..
2003 ST4S ..gettin the goodies!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I've got Remus Ti slip-ons on my '04 Senna ABS and love them. I don't think they're abusive loud, but they are very throaty and have a nice rumble.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
Want to sell the old ones? If you do, PM with a price and condition of slip-on's.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Also remembered that I always thought the Sil exhausts had a nice sound. A little boomier than a Termi, but quite nice. At least on Monsters :)

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
2v Duc always sound boomier to me. Just great.

Unless you were talking about 4v Monsters.

Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Good point--I wasn't even thinking about the 2v/4v difference.

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
Yeah. I heard an ST2 with Ferracci cans that just sounded lovely.

Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
5,647 Posts
Not to mention 3v. :D

That's right, not to mention them:p.

For pipes, my personal preference with any of the ducs that have two sided (not under the tail) pipes is simply that they have proper bolted on mounting brackets, not straps, and are of a one-piece construction. The pipes that come with straps and have pieced together mid pipes / cans don't look right to me. Pretty much any you can find are going to be good especially if you can find them in your preferred material. Carbon, stainless, titanium, aluminum, whatever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts